PTCOG ABSTRACT AWARDS
During each annual conference, PTCOG recognizes and awards the research of multiple abstract authors. There are 3 award opportunities connected to PTCOG 62 as follows:
Micheal Goitein Awards:
In memory of one of the true pioneers in Particle Therapy, 3 Micheal Goitein awards are presented within the PTCOG 62 Networking Reception for the ‘Best Abstract Award’. One award per discipline of Physics, Radiation Biology and Clinics are selected from the peer review and additional review from the PTCOG Scientific Program Sub-Committee and Executive Committee. Awards are presented to award winners in the form of a personalized engraved plaque. Winners also receive a free ticket to The PTCOG 62 Networking Reception, ppromotion on the PTCOG website and social media and a photo opportunity with the PTCOG President and or executive members.
Young Investigator Award:
One lucky young researcher will receive the PTCOG Young Investigator Award. The winning abstract is selected from the peer review and additional review from the PTCOG Scientific Program Sub-Committee and Executive Committee. Presentation of the award is part of the PTCOG 62 Networking Reception. The winner receives:
1. A cash prize of 500 Euros
2. A visit to IBA where the winner can present their abstract to IBA researchers
3. IBA will sponsor the young investigator to one of the upcoming ESTRO or ASTRO congresses (flight + accommodation)
4. A personalized engraved plaque
5. A free ticket to The PTCOG 62 Networking Reception
6. Promotion on the PTCOG website and social media and a photo opportunity with the PTCOG President and or executive members.
Application for the PTCOG Young Investigator Award should be completed as part of the abstract submission and you will be prompted about this during abstract submission. Candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Completed a relevant degree (bachelor, master or Ph.D.) or concluded post-graduate clinical training, whichever date is later, within the past 5 years.
- A rank up to and including Assistant Professor, if applicable.
- Previously not been awarded a Young Investigator Award from PTCOG.
PTCOG Best Poster Award:
3 separate awards for the best poster in Physics, Radiation Biology and Clinics are selected by the PTCOG Scientific Program Sub-Committee during the annual conference. The presentation of the award is part of the PTCOG 62 Closing Ceremony. No application is necessary, and the winner receives a personalized certificate signed by PTCOG Executives, promotion on the PTCOG website and social media and a photo opportunity with the PTCOG President and or executive members.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to PTCOG and Kenes International Organizers of Congresses SA and its affiliates (together: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by each of the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants each of the Organizers the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in each Organizer’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honour this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
- I confirm to have received the consent of all authors for the processing of their contact details by Kenes and the Organizers.